Monday, October 4, 2010

September Catch Up

It seems like September was over in a flash and it turned cold in a flash. I love this weather though. Jack and I need to go shopping for him this week. I bought several 4T pants and shirts last spring and they are already too short or will too soon be too small.

Craig's job has been a little more tolerable, but definitely not what he wants to do long term. He is looking for something different, especially before snow and ice. He (and I) would prefer he doesn't have to drive very far if the weather is bad. With his previous job, he could work from home if it was really bad. Now, he would have to drive 30-40 miles no matter what. It's also a very physically demanding job and he's not a spring chicken anymore. :)

We so much enjoyed a visit from Dr. Hugo Gomez a couple weeks ago. He is the doctor that our teams have worked with when we go to Guatemala. He is one of our true heroes. A group from our church surprised him with a check to buy a new van. It was hard to hold back the tears as we saw his surprise. The van was desperately needed. Craig is headed back to Guatemala this coming February and is beyond excited.

Jack turned 4 a week ago today. Where have those 4 years gone? Some days it definitely seems like 4 years, other days it seems like he was born last week. My dad and step mom came and spent the weekend with us and we had a birthday party with family. It was a great weekend.

This last weekend, I traveled to Omaha with some Mary Kay girlfriends for a holiday conference. It was so much fun. I was exhausted when we got home. I learned a lot and got very excited for the holidays. I'm still trying to master managing my time the best I can, to make the most of my time with Jack, Craig, giving lessons, and fitting in some Mary Kay.

Lots of pictures to follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment